Friday, November 7, 2008

Mygazines Is Dead

A little while back, I wrote about a website called Mygazines, where you could read scanned magazines online, quite without the permission of their publishers. I predicted the site had a very short life expectancy.

I tried to visit them today, and here's what it says on what used to be their login page:

Due to monetary reasons and the state of the global economy, we unfortunately must close mygazines.com.
I assume that when they say "state of the global economy", what they really mean is, "there wasn't enough money in the world to pay off the lawsuits headed our way."

Too bad. The site wasn't perfect, but I liked it. Back to the library's periodicals section and torrented PDFs, I guess.


Enough rambling. Here's a picture of my son noticing a squirrel.

No comments: