Thursday, February 26, 2009

A True Story From One Of My Jobs

This is a followup to something that I posted on January 29. I actually went through with what I suggested in that entry.

The following is an actual e-mail exchange that took place yesterday between me and one of the administrators of the building where I work. The only editing I've done is to arrange the messages in chronological order, remove the repetitive subject lines, and replace the names of the people involved. "Admin" is the building administrator, and "Me" is… well, me.


From: Admin
Sent: February 25, 2009 12:19 PM
To: All Building Occupants
Subject: Fire Alarm

There are gentlemen from (our building service contractors) in the building doing the monthly Fire Alarm and sprinkler testing. If the Fire Alarm bell rings, please just ignore it. I will advise you when the testing has been completed.


From: Me
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 12:19 PM
To: Admin

What happens if there's actually a fire in the next few minutes?


From: Admin
Sent: February 25, 2009 12:24 PM
To: Me

Pray.


From: Me
Sent: February 25, 2009 12:25 PM
To: Admin


You win.




Enough rambling. Here's a picture of the train station platform from which my family watched the parade of giant electric fish.

1 comment:

RebelAngel said...

I am heartened that he had enough sense of humor to provide that rather than a sigh and "reassuring" speech that that was highly unlikely.