Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Amish Paradise

Hey, kids! It's time for another True Story From One Of My Jobs!

Sometimes I get to take a moment's entertainment in my dronelike office job.

Today I had to write a letter in response to correspondence from a client. An Amish client, as it turns out. I dealt with his particular situation in the main body of the letter, then copy-and-pasted my company's standard customer service letter boilerplate as the last paragraph, as is policy for every one of these letters we send out.

The last paragraph pretty much says, "For more info, call our toll-free number or go to our website."

Yep, I got to tell an Amish guy that if he's got any more questions, he can just go look us up on the Internet.


Does telling an Amish person to go check out a website make me a jerk, or is it just a symptom of the pre-existing condition?


(Oh, and now I'm going to have to find out if Amish people use the Internet. If I don't do some research on it, it's going to bother me.)


Enough rambling. Here's a picture of a rug.

No comments: